Monday, August 18, 2008

New apartment, new blog


It's not really an apartment. It's a basement suite. And I am living with spiders. The title of this blog came from all of the spiders, in kind of a roundabout way. When I moved, there were even more spiders than there are now, and I managed to vacuum most of them up. However, there was one in the corner of my bedroom by an exposed pipe that kept foiling my attempts. So I decided that I should just keep it as a pet, and name it, and then maybe I wouldn't be scared of it anymore. I named it Scott Asheton, after the drummer of the Stooges. It just seemed to fit. A few days later I found another spider in the bathroom, thats position made it impossible to kill. I named that one James Williamson after the lead guitarist of the Stooges. And then I realized that a month ago I had named my frog Iggy, and that now I had named 3 out of 5 of the Stooges. (On a side note, I just listened to their new album and it's awful. And they look more beat up than the Stones.) Anyway, I want to turn my suite into a swinging bachelorette pad/house of madness. And I remembered that the Stooges called their communal party house the funhouse. So that's what I called my blog. 

Today Scott Asheton (the spider one) is gone from the corner of my room. I am alternately sad and apprehensive. Because, while I guess I will miss him, the other thing about having spiders as pets is you want to know where they are. Scott could be hiding anywhere, and I really don't want to be surprised. 

No comments: